We hope that you find the ease and security of uploading your tax documents to SafeSend an added benefit to working with our firm. That “mini computer” in your pocket or bag can be your answer for getting those documents into PDF form and off to us quickly. We hope the few easy steps listed below utilizing your mobile device make the process of getting your source documents to us this year a breeze.
Apple provides a scanner right within the Notes app. This app—which is free and on every iPhone by default—can create PDFs using your camera in just a few touches.
- Open the “Notes” app on your iOS device.
- Create a new note.
- Tap the camera icon within the note. This will open a menu with various options.
- From the menu, select “Scan Documents.” Your device’s camera will activate.
- Position your device’s camera over the document you want to scan. Make sure the document is well-lit and visible in the camera frame. Your device will automatically detect the document and highlight it.
- Tap the capture button to take a picture of the document (your device might capture this on its own). You can continue to scan additional pages if your document has multiple pages.
- Once you’ve scanned all the necessary pages, tap “Save”.
- You can click on down arrow by the default title “Scanned Documents” to review your pages, rename, share, or delete.
- After renaming your document, you can save to a file that you can access later or e-mail directly to your tax preparer.
iPhones do not have the ability to scan with Google Drive.
- Open the Google Drive app on your phone. If you don’t have it installed, download it from your app store.
- Tap the ‘+’ button in the lower-right corner and select “Scan.”
- Position your phone’s camera over the document you want to scan. Make sure the document is well-lit and visible in the camera frame.
- The app will automatically detect the document and take a picture. You can adjust the scan boundaries if needed.
- Continue to scan additional pages if your document has multiple pages.
- Once you’ve scanned all the pages, tap the checkmark or “Save” to create a PDF file. You can name the file and choose a destination folder in Google Drive.
- You will then upload these documents to SafeSend or e-mail to your tax preparer.